Ofelia’s Voice Studio, simply known as O-V-S, is a project music studio specializing in contemporary vocal coaching, performance, music production and music education for the beginner to the professional. Students are required to perform in the Mid-Year and End-of-Year Concerts and are eligible for the OVS Awards.
OVS is run by Term Accounts. There are four terms in a year and each term consists of 10 weeks. An Account is issued per Term and must be paid to secure lesson times and to commence lessons. OVS has a strict “no payment, no lesson” policy.
Student Agreement Form (SAF)
• Students who attend Ofelia’s Voice Studio are required to complete and sign a Student Agreement Form before commencing lessons
Permission to use Photos and Footage
• OVS students and parents/guardians (where the student is under 18 years of age) gives Ofelia’s Voice Studio permission to use photos and/or footage taken of the student in the studio and in events such as the Mid-Year and End-of-Year Concerts for OVS written and electronic publications including the OVS website, online listings, advertisements and newsletters.
Teaching Studio | Rehearsal Space | Waiting Room | Store | Lavatory
Music Education for Beginner to Professional, Ages 5+ | Fully Equipped Project Music Studio | Demo Recording | Music Production | Music Track Editing
Contemporary Vocal Coaching | Performance Preparation | Music Theory & Aural Development | Songwriting Development | Beginner Piano Lessons
– Classes Available: Private and Group
– Private Lesson Durations: 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour
– Group Lesson Duration: 1.5 hours
– Lesson Occurrences: Weekly, Fortnightly, Casual
There are three methods of attending OVS:
1. Weekly Student – A weekly student commits to 10 weekly lessons dependent on the duration of the term. A student who enrolls after the term has commenced will receive an account for the remainder of the term period. Weekly students are assigned a regular lesson day and time. Weekly students have the option of paying their Term Account in full or in two installments. All lessons must be completed within the term period.
2. Casual Student – Vocalists can enroll for fortnightly or casual lessons. A casual student attends lessons when required as they are unable to commit to a regular weekly or fortnightly lesson. A fortnightly student must pay their account in full and are not guaranteed a regular lesson time.
3. Once-Off – An Introductory Lesson is offered to new students for their first assessment lesson.
Introductory Welcome Pack (IWP)
• Newly enrolled students receive a complimentary OVS Introductory Welcome Pack (OVS Store Price $30.00). The Student Pack contains lesson materials and resources to make the OVS experience convenient and productive. The OVS IWP is to be brought to every lesson.
• Lesson fees, Term Accounts and Gift Vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable
• 24 Hours Notice of Cancellation must be given by the student to cancel a lesson for a make-up lesson to be warranted and to avoid the lesson cancellation fee. If a student misses a lesson and does not give a minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation, the lesson will be forfeited and no make-up lesson will be issued.
• A student is entitled to two make-up lessons per term only. When a student has accrued two make-up lessons due to their own cancellation, all additional cancelled lessons will be instantly forfeited. Make-up lessons must be completed within the term and only one make-up lesson per missed lesson is permitted.
• Lesson times are subject to change (e.g. teacher’s illness/availability). All reasonable care will be taken if such circumstances arise. Lessons missed by the teacher will be rescheduled and are not classed as a make-up lesson.
• It is recommended that students arrive at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled lesson time. Upon early arrival, students are welcome to wait in the OVS Waiting Room.
• If a student arrives late to their lesson, the lesson will finish at the scheduled time and will not be extended due to late arrivals.
• Students are not to attend lessons if they are sick with a contagious virus or bacterial infection.
• To avoid distraction, parents and guests are not to sit in on lessons unless a valid reason is given.
OVS Mid-Year and End-of-Year Themed Student Concerts
OVS hosts an annual themed Mid-Year and End-of-Year Concert. OVS Concerts are an important extension to the studio lessons and participation is part of Enrolment. The Concerts are fun and social events showcasing OVS Students and Guest Artists. OVS Students gain Free Entry and the concerts are open to the public.
OVS Awards for Performance and Academic Excellence
All OVS Students who perform in the Mid-Year Concerts are eligible for the OVS Mid-Year Awards. All OVS Students are eligible for the OVS Sponsor’s Choice Awards. Students who have been enrolled for a minimum of 3 terms are eligible for the OVS End-of-Year Awards. OVS Awards for Performance and Academic Excellence are presented at the OVS Mid-Year and End-of-Year annual Concerts. There are five Mid-Year Awards based on Performance at the Mid-Year Concert and five End-of-Year Awards based on progress throughout the Academic Year.
The OVS Store is located in the Waiting Room. It offers convenience and affordability carrying products that are recommended or useful to students including Music Books, Sheet Music, Backing Tracks, Water Bottles, USB Memory Sticks, Blank CDRs, Stationery, Health Products, OVS Merchandise and Music Gift Items. Items such as Graded Vocal Books can be ordered specifically for a student. Students are required to source their own materials for their lessons including stationery, music books, recordings, backing tracks, lyrics, sheet music and chord charts.
Refer to Studio Fees for a full list of Lesson and Music Production fees offered at OVS.
• Bank Deposit/Online Transfer (Term Accounts)
• Cash (Cash payments will only be accepted for Introductory Lessons and purchases from the OVS Store)
• No EFTPOS Facilites