Ofelia’s Voice Studio, simply known as O-V-S, is a project music studio specializing in contemporary vocal coaching, performance, music production and music education for the aspiring and active performing vocalist with a foundation of healthy lifestyle choices.
Enrolment includes Private Lessons, Performance Group Classes, Public Performance Opportunities, OVS Concert Rehearsals and OVS Concert Participation. Students are required to be able to read music or learn how to read music by completing AMEB Graded Music Theory, and be disciplined in maintaining their vocal health by keeping hydrated, warming up, practising, resting and consuming a plant-based alkaline diet.
Behaviours that will not be tolerated include excessive vocal abuse ie. overuse; smoking; consuming alcohol the day before, day of and day after singing; consuming dairy and the inability or unwillingness to learn how to read music.
All students are eligible for the OVS Awards. The OVS Waiting Room contains a Library of Health Resources available for loan. Students are encouraged to follow the OVS Facebook Page where all News and Events will be posted.
OVS is run by Term Accounts. There are four terms in a year and each term consists of approximately 10 weeks. An Account is issued per Term and must be paid to secure lesson times and to commence lessons. OVS has a strict “no payment, no lesson” policy.
OVS Application Form (OAF)
• Students who would like to enroll with Ofelia’s Voice Studio are required to complete and email an OVS Application Form. Once the OAF has been reviewed and accepted, an Introductory Lesson can be booked.
Student Agreement Form (SAF)
• Students who attend Ofelia’s Voice Studio are required to complete and sign a Student Agreement Form before commencing lessons
Permission to use Photos and Footage
• OVS students and parents/guardians (where the student is under 18 years of age) gives Ofelia’s Voice Studio permission to use photos and/or footage taken of the student in the studio and in events such as the Mid-Year and End-of-Year Concerts for OVS written and electronic publications including the OVS website, online listings, advertisements and newsletters.
Teaching Studio | Rehearsal Space | Waiting Room | Store | Lavatory
Music Education for the Aspiring to the Professional Vocalist | Fully Equipped Project Music Studio | Demo Recording | Music Production | Music Track Editing
Contemporary Vocal Coaching | Performance Preparation | Music Theory & Aural Development | Songwriting Development | Beginner Piano Lessons
– Classes Available: Private and Group
– Private Lesson Durations: 45 minutes (Weekly Only), 1 hour (Weekly, Fortnightly or Casual)
– Group Lesson Duration: 1.5 hours (Fortnightly)
– Lesson Occurrences: Weekly, Fortnightly, Casual
A student commits to 10 weekly lessons or 5 fortnightly lessons dependent on the duration of the term. A student who enrolls after the term has commenced will receive an account for the remainder of the term period. Students are assigned a regular lesson day and time. Students have the option of paying their Term Account in full or in two installments. All lessons must be completed within the term period.
Introductory Welcome Pack (IWP)
• Newly enrolled students receive a complimentary OVS Introductory Welcome Pack (OVS Store Price $40.00). The Student Pack contains lesson materials and resources to make the OVS experience convenient and productive. The OVS IWP is to be brought to every lesson.
• Lesson fees, Term Accounts and Gift Vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable
• Concert Tickets are refundable in the event that a Concert is cancelled
• 24 Hours Notice of Cancellation must be given by the student to cancel a lesson for a make-up lesson to be warranted and to avoid the lesson cancellation fee. If a student misses a lesson and does not give a minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation, the lesson will be forfeited and no make-up lesson will be issued.
• A student is entitled to two make-up lessons per term only. When a student has accrued two make-up lessons due to their own cancellation, all additional cancelled lessons will be instantly forfeited. Make-up lessons must be completed within the term and only one make-up lesson per missed lesson is permitted.
• Lesson times are subject to change (e.g. teacher’s illness/availability). All reasonable care will be taken if such circumstances arise. Lessons missed by the teacher will be rescheduled and are not classed as a make-up lesson.
• It is recommended that students arrive at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled lesson time. Upon early arrival, students are welcome to wait in the OVS Waiting Room.
• If a student arrives late to their lesson, the lesson will finish at the scheduled time and will not be extended due to late arrivals.
• Students are not to attend lessons if they are sick with a contagious virus or bacterial infection.
• To avoid distraction, parents and guests are not to sit in on lessons unless a valid reason is given.
OVS Themed Student Concerts and Public Performances
OVS hosts an annual themed Concert and organises public performance opportunities for OVS students. Performance is an important extension to the studio lessons and participation is part of Enrollment. The Studio Concerts are fun and social events showcasing OVS Students and Guest Artists.
OVS Awards for Performance and Academic Excellence
All OVS Students who perform in the Mid-Year Concerts are eligible for the OVS Mid-Year Awards. Students who have been enrolled for a minimum of 2 consecutive terms are eligible for the OVS End-of-Year Awards. OVS Awards for Performance and Academic Excellence are presented at the OVS annual Concerts. There are five Mid-Year Awards based on Performance at the Mid-Year Concert and five End-of-Year Awards based on progress throughout the Academic Year.
The OVS Store is located in the Waiting Room. It offers convenience and affordability carrying products that are recommended or useful to students including Music Books, Sheet Music, Backing Tracks, Water Bottles, USB Memory Sticks, Blank CDRs, Stationery, Health Products, OVS Merchandise and Music Gift Items. Items such as Graded Vocal Books can be ordered specifically for a student. Students are required to source their own materials for their lessons including stationery, music books, recordings, backing tracks, lyrics, sheet music and chord charts.
Refer to Studio Fees for a list of Lesson fees offered at OVS.
• Bank Deposit/Online Transfer (Term Accounts)
• Cash (Cash payments will only be accepted for Introductory Lessons and purchases from the OVS Store)
• No EFTPOS Facilities